Copyright © 2003-2011, Aishah Schwartz. Permission granted to circulate among private individuals, groups, or in not-for-profit publications in full text and subject title. All other rights reserved.

January 18, 2006

A Day of Remembrance

Today I remember the first day of Hajj as I arrived by plane from Riyad to Jeddah on January 18, 2005, thereafter hiring a taxi to speedily deliver me to Taif and my husband, who was waiting for me so we could begin our Hajj journey. Subhan'Allah. I was physically born 45-years ago today; but on the completion of my Hajj I was born anew, insha'Allah. So today, rather than acknowledging the date of my entry into this dunya, I offer thanks and appreciation to Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala for the journey of a lifetime... Al-hamdulillah. Related: Aishah's Journey Continues...Hajj 2005, On the Eve of Eid ul-Adha

No comments:

Post a Comment