Copyright © 2003-2011, Aishah Schwartz. Permission granted to circulate among private individuals, groups, or in not-for-profit publications in full text and subject title. All other rights reserved.

June 25, 2006

Masajid's Still Have a Long Way to Go

The Muslim Link 2nd item on cover page June 23, 2006 Letter to the Editor I embraced Islam on April 19, 2002 after a khutbah at The World Bank in Washington, D.C. A short time later I endeavored to become involved in the local Muslim community through various volunteer efforts from which I retain many nice memories. However, when I read the June 9 article, I was disheartened to be reminded that four years later internal discord, dissatisfaction, and countless unresolved and neglected issues between the female population of our local masajid and management remains largely unaddressed. (continued...)

No comments:

Post a Comment