Copyright © 2003-2011, Aishah Schwartz. Permission granted to circulate among private individuals, groups, or in not-for-profit publications in full text and subject title. All other rights reserved.

February 06, 2007

For the Love of a Cat...

Assalamu Alaikum,

I just had to share something that tickled me silly a minute ago.

The sofa in the living room is a sectional with a recliner on each end. Over to my left is a single-seated recliner - that is where my roomie usually sits with her laptop, and I usually sit on the recliner end of the sofa to her right, with MY laptop. *smile* Well, this afternoon, I'm sitting here in my spot on the sofa, madly reading and typing away, completely focused to the point that I scarcely noticed that Princess (my roomie's 15lb. Siamese-mix cat) jumping onto the seat cushion to my right --- that is, until, *lol* all of a sudden it dawned on me that her front paws were feverishly plowing up and down into the nice cushiony area otherwise known as my belly, to the point of making me down at her and exclaiming, "All right! All right! All right!" *lol*

You should have seen the way she looked back at me with her boulder-marble blue eyes, as if to say, "Whaaaaaaaaaaat?!?!" before turning away.

I swear at this very minute she is now sitting perched, as if at attention, looking directly at me, to the left of my feet on the foot lounger extension as if to say, "Can I come back now??"

And before I finish typing the words you've just read...up she marched and is now laying across BOTH my arms!!! (Purring no less...)

Cats...gotta love 'em! But I gotta WORK!!!!

Hope you're enjoying your day!

Ma'Salaama,
`Aishah

P.S. - Geez! Despite the fact that I am managing to type with her laying across my arms, she is not happy with the slight movement caused by my typing and she has started growling as if grumbling under her breath at me...interesting though...my computer adhan has been playing while I was typing this and she suddenly got quiet. Hmm...subhan'Allah...

4 comments:

  1. i do love my cat :)

    -zaina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Salam Alaikum Aishah:

    Each time you post something so cute you cause a lot of smiles. Incha allah you will be granted many good deeds since a smile is a charity. :-)

    ReplyDelete