Copyright © 2003-2011, Aishah Schwartz. Permission granted to circulate among private individuals, groups, or in not-for-profit publications in full text and subject title. All other rights reserved.

December 31, 2009

MWA Director Aishah Schwartz to Join Gaza Freedom March TODAY!


I apologize for the delayed update! YES! Al-hamdulillah, we have arrived and spent our first night in GAZA!!

I do not have time to elaborate, but those who wish to will march today in solidarity with the Palestinian people in their quest for freedom and justice will march hand-in-hand. Those who wish to 'observe' from the sidelines - will.

The way I feel about it? The point of being here was SOLIDARITY. We left Cairo divided. We went through our journey divided. And sadly the delegation remains divided to this very minute. I am saddened and deeply disappointed. I could not think for one minute to back peddle now and not participate; some may not - but I will march - knowing Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala is our Protector.

Please remember us in our duas, insha'Allah.

FYI - we are only about 86 strong - emphasis on the word STRONG.
 
P.S. - To Mrs. Suzanne Mubarak; I am sure that word will reach you about a decision on the part of members on one of our two buses, to not accept the welcome gift of chocolates, roses and juice delivered to us by representatives of the Egyptian Red Crescent, to not accept the gesture of hospitality. (I was not on that particular bus.) It is my belief that this was due simply to a misunderstanding, for which I sincerely apologize.

P.S.S. - Also, contrary to what you may hear elsewhere, we have been treated with warmth and enthusiasm, we have been extended every hospitality, and we did not have any difficulty at immigration.

No comments:

Post a Comment